In the July Tampa Java User Group meeting, we will get Groovy! We will explore the Groovy scripting engine that is built on Java and is 100% Java-compatible. From it's website, Groovy is described as
"... an agile scripting language ... inspired by languages like Python, Ruby, and Smalltalk ..."
We will take an introductory look at the more interesting syntactical Groovy features such as lists, maps, closures, and some usefull Groovy classes. We will also look at some of the tools/features gaining Groovy praises including:
- GroovyMarkup: Easy Xml development
- Groovy RPC:
- Groovlets/Templates: PHP-style web development.
- Groovy SQL: No fuss DB development
- Embedding Groovy: Executing scripts within your own Java code
- Grails: Groovy on Rails (yes a port of Ruby on Rails)
Join us on the last Tuesday of the month and bring a friend. We will have plenty of code samples and you will gain a great understanding of Groovy and see how you can use it in your next project.
Speaker: Vladimir Vivien
Networking: 6:30 pm
Presentation: 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
GCA Technologies Solution
4919 Memorial Hwy. Suite 150
Tampa, FL 33634